“SECoPA 2018: Reimagining Public Service in the Age of Innovation”
Sheraton Downtown Birmingham, Alabama
September 20th to 23rd
Hosted by the Alabama Chapter of ASPA
CALLS FOR PROPOSALS AND AWARDS (Click Below to View)
LOCATION & HOTEL INFORMATION
The Alabama Chapter of the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) will be hosting the 2018 edition of SECoPA’s Annual Regional Conference as we welcome delegates to the heart of the South in Birmingham, Alabama, nominated as the “top 10 places in the South” (Southern Living Magazine) and one of the “52 places in the World to visit in 2017” (The New York Times). The Conference will be held at the Sheraton Downtown at 2101 Richard Arrington Blvd., Birmingham AL 35203 (1-888-627-7095). Within walking distance, the conference attendees will have the opportunity to experience the southern renaissance with world-class restaurants, craft breweries, railway walk tours, and theaters.
The Conference will be held at the beautiful Sheraton Downtown at 2101 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd., Birmingham AL 35203 (1-888-627-7095). A limited number of traditional rooms have been reserved at a discounted conference rate, but you must secure your hotel room no later than 5:00 PM on August 27. The conference rate is valid three days before and three days after at an incredible $139.00/night plus tax (single and double occupancy rooms) with reduced parking and free WiFi. Click on the following link to book a room at the conference room rate: 2018 SECoPA Conference Fall
Early Registration (Deadline August 1, 2018): $185 Regular/$105 Student
Regular Registration (After August 1, 2018, no later than September 14, 2018): $215 Regular/$135 Student
Onsite Registration: $220 Regular/$150 Student
One Day Registration: $125/Day
Evening Social Guest Pass (October 21st and 22nd): $25/Night
Electronic registration must be completed by 11:59 PM on Friday, September 14, 2018. Otherwise, conference attendees must register at the conference with a check made out to SECoPA 2018.
If you need a paper registration form, you can access one here – Paper Registration Form.
- For questions about the submission process and proposal topics, please contact Dr. Sukumar Ganapati (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Dr. Erin Borry (email@example.com)
- For questions about special topics, workshops or program opportunities, please contact Dr. Kathleen Hale (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For questions about conference sponsorship opportunities, please contact Brandon Blankenship (SECoPA2018@gmail.com) or Dr. Akhlaque Haque (email@example.com)
- For general questions about the conference, please contact Dr. Akhlaque Haque (SECoPA2018@gmail.com)
Please visit our SECoPA 2018 Conference Site for the latest information about registration, keynote speakers, and presentation schedules
- Deadline for submission of proposals: May 15, 2018
- Early registration period ends: August 1, 2018
- Hotel reservation deadline: August 27, 2018
- Online registration deadline: September 14, 2018
The conference program will be released in advance of the start of the conference.